Sunday, November 23, 2014

Nursery rhymes-your toddler times best friend!!

Two most memorable aspects of childhood: Nursery rhymes and Grandma’s bedtime stories J

Some rhymes are definitely very special and dear to us whose memories are embedded in our brains right from the time we actually didn't know what rhymes actual mean.

Baa Baa black sheep:

I am from a Gujarati family, where we address our grand moms as “Baa”. I remember when I was a kid and if I had to call my grandmother or if someone asked me to call her, I used to say- “Baa,Baa”-Black sheep J (used to call out her name twice not once just to fit it in the poem phrase.. lol)

Not  knowing what it really meant!! But yes family around me used to have a hearty laugh.

Now when I look back it surely gives me a super smile J





Twinkle Twinkle

This is an old time classic!! I am sure favorite amongst all the toddlers and so easy to say it with actions!

Be it a family function, party or a wedding. I remember very faintly that I used to gather a small crowd and start singing-
“Twinke Twinkle little star,How I wonder what you are?”

Up above the world so high- ( During this line I force all of them to look up at the sky J..hahaha to check out some twinkling stars)

Like a diamond in the sky!! (making a diamond by joining 2 thumbs and index finger of  hands)







It was super fun to recite all the poems taught by elders or teachers.Today's tech-savvy world has given a whole range of rhymes with animations.Kids love to see these videos and enjoy the poems with actions and cartoon animation.

One such super range is by t-series- KidsHut

My 1.5 yrs old daughter enjoys every video from these!!! :):)



 This post is a part of Kids Hutactivity at BlogAdda.com

cheers
Ruchita

No comments: